Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Layout update, 8-20-14

Some progress has been made on the layout! Roadbed, frame, and pink foam have been mated together.


I have been making some first attempts at creating some contours to the ditches and valleys on the trestle/bridge side of the layout. This is messy work using a rasp! I'm trying to go slow, and visualize what will look natural and logical. 


Creating a small "fill" area for a bridge abutment is necessary to give the impression that the bridge was actually built into the topography.



Here's how our little depot stands, as of today:


I really like the look of the Grandt Line shingles, a nice dimensional texture on the roof. Can't wait to get the train-order signal built and installed! It will really give this structure that "uber-railroady" feeling.

I had a bit of a disaster in my first attempt at painting #2, my 0-4-0. Suffice to say that my airbrush and the paint I chose were not playing nice with each other. I'm in the process of stripping everything to give it another go; I've spent a lot of time (and $$!!) on this little loco kit, and I want to do everything right. 

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment