Monday, June 16, 2014

Inspirations

Narrow Gauge railroads have been an increasing interest for me as late; hence the inception of this layout. I thought I'd share a few of the photos I have found online that serve as inspiration for my endeavors.

The following are a few shots of the Pacific Coast Railway, a 3' gauge line that ran between Pismo Beach and Los Olivos many years ago. This is very much the "flavor" I am trying to capture with my fictional line; single-track, meandering right-of-way through lush hillsides, mixed trains, oak trees, and trestles.






There is also a hefty dosage of inspiration from the famed Maine 2-footers like the Sandy River & Rangely Lakes; especially the diminutive nature of the equipment.





As you can see in the last photo above, narrow gauge railroading really helps you pull in the chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment